Monday 22 December 2008

I got great service

The one thing most people hate about this time of year is Christmas shopping. Too many people, too much to do and not enough time to do it. So, like many others, I turned to the Internet - shopping from my sofa with a coffee in hand and not a single perfume/aftershave spritzer in sight.

The down side to this is to guarantee delivery you need to be a bit more organised - Christmas Eve really is a no go.  With that in mind I set off to do my shopping in early December. I found what I wanted to get my bother-in-law and at a great price without having to fight off any old ladies. I ordered it and forgot about it. Until December 22nd.

On December 22nd I realised the item hadn't arrived and that I was now without a main present for my brother-in-law. I emailed the company and, to my shame, I was rather nasty. I didn't use capitals or red text but I was close. I think I half expected them to walk to my house, from where ever they are, and deliver the item in person. I was rude, demanding and not very nice.

The response I got was astounding. The company, Design House UK (eBay shop) emailed me back politely apologising for the problems, assuring me that the original item had been dispatched but that they would dispatch another one. However, as this was not going to get to me for Christmas they issued a full refund. So, from cursing their name and renouncing Internet shopping entirely (don't get me started on my recent Amazon experiences)  they have reconverted me to this wonderful way to shop.

This just shows that customer service works, it pays dividends, I recommend this company to anybody, I will look out for them again and use them in preference to anybody else.


No comments:

Post a Comment